Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vintage Matching Game ~ Free Printable

Do you remember playing matching card
games as a kid?  I decided to make a vintage version, to play with my two.  All you have to do is print 2 pages with the images below, cut them out, and find a kid of your own who'll play this game with you!




If you're unfamiliar with this card game,
here are some simple playing guidelines:  

Place the cards in 3 or 4 rows, face up.
Look at them and try to memorize where they are.  Flip the cards over, then take turns trying to match them.  The player with the most pairs wins.

My 7 year old daughter played this with me a few days ago.  Before we started, I asked her to tell me about the pictures.  She recognized a few things, but thought most looked funny.  We talked about how people lived differently long ago... and thought about some of the modern conveniences we take for-granted.  Came upstairs tonight to find her teaching my 5 year old son how to play.  They were entertained while I made supper!

All of the vintage illustrations used in this project came from The Graphics Fairy... Thank you!



Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures for this old game :O)))
    Thanks for sharing!
    have a happy day,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sikken en sjov ide, jeg husker godt det spil. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your wonderful blog.
    Eugenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the images! Thank you so much. My grandson loves play this game. He'll appreciate one created just for him.
    Blessings-
    tabithagrace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Megan!

    So glad I found your blog this morning (through Pinterest). Love all your beautiful images--thanks for sharing them so generously. I'll enjoy using them in my art journaling, etc.

    I'll be following along...wishing you a wonderful day!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you sooo much for your work. I have been wringing my hands a bit as I've been creating the blog header to my new blog (not open yet) and it was your lovely rose stationery that provided the missing elements I needed!

    Thank you for your generosity! I also love the fact that you have scripture on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and clever idea! My 3-year-old granddaughter loves to play matching games (except that she cheats - hehe). The cards would also make cute tags or labels.: )

    Thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog through the Graphics Fairy so I'm now a follower! Thank you for the printables - they are great.

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa