Friday, May 25, 2012

Summery Pink Geraniums

"Then followed that beautiful season... Summer.  Filled was the air with a dreamy 
and magical light; and the landscape lay
as if new... created in all the freshness
of childhood."
 
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~




Hello again... I've been on a little break!  In my last post, I wrote about
my husband's great-grandmother, and her favorite flower... geraniums.  Since then I've learned her favorite color of geranium ~ pink!  A little while ago, our family visited Hazel & Kermit's graves and planted a pair of red and pink geraniums in their memory.  My husband paused to share a few stories about her... sweet little things he remembered from his childhood.
She really was a special lady! 


As far as the images, I designed the first for use as a simple note card,
and left it blank so you could personalize it with your own special messages...  I didn't have a particular use in mind for the second image, but thought it turned out so pretty that I included it!  The third image is a stationery page... love the effect of the shadows cast by the flower.  The last image of the geranium is a PNG file, which means it has a transparent background.  I used it in the 3 previous images... have fun with it in your own digital artwork!

Here are my sources for
the free graphics used:

*Vintage Images*

*The Graphics Fairy*
*Altered Bits*
*bumble button*

*The Old Design Shop*
*Shabby Blogs*

Thank you so much
for stopping by!!

24 comments:

  1. you are so talented and have such a lovely vision! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The "Just Peachy" made me smile, because my husband's nickname for me is "Peaches" :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. My volunteer tags turned out so pretty using some of your tags. It just made the gift so much nicer looking!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, I'm so glad your tags turned out well :) Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  3. I love these pink geraniums, thanks so much. My favorite flowers are Freesias, have you come across anything with them?? Thanks again, I really appreciate your blog, I just did a family paper bag album and used some of your previous freebies, the yellow floral with lines, which is wonderful to put on the back of a large pull out tag, awesome. Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hilde ~ I'll have to keep an eye out for freesias! So nice to hear how you've used my artwork!

      Delete
  4. These pink geraniums are so pretty. I may get to put a few in some of my pots, the flower bed is dedicated to the red ones. Thanks again for such wonderful freebies.
    I used some of your tags in Mother's Day cards and a birthday (that was just a few days before M.D. this year.)
    You're just precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marda! I considered making some graphics especially for Mother's Day, but thought really, most of my freebies are so feminine that they could be used for Mother's Day ~ just as you did :) My dad bought some pink geraniums for pots lining their front walkway... they always look pretty lined up like that :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful freebies, Megan!
    Have a nice day. Bärbel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and you're welcome :)

      Delete
  6. Cada dia te luces más, el de hoy te ha quedado precioso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the beautiful compliment!

      Delete
  7. Thank you, I love all your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie :) I appreciate hearing that :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. lovely vintage geraniums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Megan thank you again for some stunning creations wowwzersss love them all.....me thinks I know what to make when I go crafting wohooooo thank you sweetie, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry! Happy to see how much you enjoy my creations :) Have a great day :)

      Delete
  10. I love Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. He is my favorite poet. His words just lift me.
    Your creations are beautiful. Thank you for the image.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love his poetry also... I discovered that as I kept coming across quotes of his that spoke to me :) I appreciate your compliments :) Have a great day Teresa!

      Delete
  11. Just gorgeous as always! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Megan, for the lovely prints! I like geraniums, too, and must say that the pink ones with variegations on the petals are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great blog! I love the poetry,the art and I love that you share.Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing,I will use it at home and for gifts for my familie and a few to cheer up my blog,greetings from Holland,Musje.

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa